SOMEZ history begins in the 70’s when a group of scientists passionate about the zeolites exceptional properties, create the Natural Zeolites Application and Promotion Center (CAPZEN).
In 1984, CAPZEN became the Mediterranean Company of Zeolites (SOMEZ): it is the birth of the French natural zeolites specialist.
SOMEZ started by investing the pet sectors, the aquarium and horticulture sectors, creating its first brands GermoFlor, MediBird and BactoFilt.
The 1989-1992’s period is an important turning point in SOMEZ history, by taking three founding decisions:
- Launch a major prospecting and referencing natural zeolite deposits in the world.
- Develop a range of specific or modified materials to enter new industrial markets.
- Increase R&D efforts (environmental protection, zeolitization techniques, nuclear, thermodynamics, and nanotechnologies).
Over the last decade, SOMEZ became the French reference in zeolites applied to nuclear protection; it has contributed to the development of a new generation of ultrahydrophobic MFI-type zeolites, and opened a new field of study in nanotechnology with “molecular springs”.
SOMEZ provides zeolite materials and original solutions implementing their specific properties. SOMEZ ambition is to be a major player in the special zeolite markets and their applications.
This strategy is based on four criteria:
- Innovate constantly.
- Listen and help our customers by always remaining close to them.
- Provide the best solution through a widely recognized expertise.
- Staying competitive while maintaining the excellence of our services.
SOMEZ has major advantages:
- More than 30 years of experience.
- A team of high level scientists.
- A wide network and partnerships in Europe, America and Africa.
- Unique products range and solutions in the world.
Created by scientists, SOMEZ is fundamentally oriented to research and innovation. The policy implemented by the company leaves an essential role in technological monitoring and prospective reflection, only ways to identify emerging issues across our society more and more complex.
Through its multidisciplinary team and his audience in the scientific community and its ability to form groups and ad hoc scientific teams, SOMEZ has great potential that allows it to respond quickly and provide relevant answers to the Nature -Culture interface. Zeolites, these exceptional minerals are the heart of our solutions but our skills are expanding to incorporate other materials endowed exchange capacity, adsorption, catalysis or have a special relationship with the microbial biomass.